I didn’t realize how easily I would get this new job – it was almost as if I was made for it and they for me. It’s by far the most demanding job I’ve had, though the difficulties may have something to do with the recent career switch. And, though demanding, it is very rewarding! It pays differently and the hours are long and exhausting but there are definite perks (like no dress codes and kissing the boss!). As much as I lovelovelove my new job, I have run into some challenges and am looking for any and all advice.
Here is our daily schedule at The Job:
- 7a – bf Makenna and Emma
- 7:30a – bf Noah
- 8a – prep “brunch” for the babies, get into high chairs
- 8:30a – brunch!
- 9a – playtime
- 9:30a – naptime
- 11a – bf Makenna and Emma
- 11:30a – bf Noah
- 12p – prep lunch for the babies, get into high chairs
- 12:30p – lunch!
- 1p – naptime
- 3p – bf Makenna and Emma
- 3:30p – bf Noah
- 4p – playtime
- 5p – naptime if they are too fussy
- 6p – bf two babies, other gets a bottle
- 6:30p – prep dinner for the babies, get into high chairs
- 6:45p – dinner!
- 7p – jammies, rock/pray/sing
- 7:15p – bedtime!
- 10:30p – bf two babies, other gets a bottle
- 11:30p – Mommy’s bedtime!
I’ll save you the tallying – that really does add up to seven hours of JUST FEEDING babies a day. SEVEN HOURS! Lord, have mercy! So here are my questions. I am having trouble getting to the solids in time so that the girls are actually hungry for the next bf-ing session. Yet Noah is often NOT hungry for solids because he’s just bf. I like the dinner schedule, but that works because I bf two and bottle the third. Any thoughts on the morning and afternoon solid schedules?
Kinda frustrating because I was just starting to think I could get out more and now it looks like it may be a lil while. Of course, I realize this is just a short season…
Thanks, everyone! =)